A multiannual practice of the State Election Commission (DIK) is to publish official results in an inadequate form, most frequently in Excel and in daily newspaper, which does not allow Montenegrin citizens to have a simple insight into data, much less to search and make comparison.
In the parliamentary elections, held on 16th of October 2016 in Montenegro, a total number of voters was 388.220 and out of them 378.086 voted at polling stations while 10.134 voters voted by letter.
The final results, published by the State Election Commission (DIK), indicate that 5.513 ballots were invalid while the participants got the following number of votes and mandates:
- Albanci Odlučno (FORCA, DUA, AA) – 4.854 votes or 1.27% or 1 mandate
- Socijaldemokratska partija (SDP) – 20.011 votes or 5.23% or 4 mandates
- Albanska koalicija (DP, GI, DS u CG i Perspektiva) – 3.394 votes or 0.89% or 0 mandates
- Alternativa Crna Gora – 878 votes or 0.23% or 0 mandate
- Pozitivna Crna Gora – 5.062 votes or 1.32% or 0 mandate
- Demokratska partija socijalista (DPS) – 158.490 votes or 41.41% or 36 mandates
- Hrvatska građanska inicijativa (HGI) – 1.802 votes or 0.47% or 1 mandate
- Demokrate – 38.327 votes or 10.01% or 8 mandates
- Ključ – 42.295 votes or 11.05% or 9 mandates
- Srpska stranka – 1.201 votes or 0.31% or 0 mandate
- Stranka penzionera, invalida i socijalne pravde CG – 672 votes or 0.18% or 0 mandate
- Lista Demokratskog saveza Albanaca (DSA) – 1.542 votes or 0.40% or 0 mandate
- Demokratski front (DF) – 77.784 votes or 20.32% or 18 mandates
- Bošnjačka stranka (BS) – 12.089 votes or 3.16% or 2 mandates
- Bošnjačka demokratska zajednica u CG (BDZ) – 1.140 votes or 0.30% or 0 mandate
- Socijaldemokrate Crne Gore (SD) – 12.472 votes or 3.26% or 2 mandates
- Stranka srpskih radikala (SSR) – 693 votes or 0.18% or 0 mandate
Therefore, the team of CDT, with the support of the State Department, and through the American Council of Georgia, mapped all polling stations in Montenegro. CDT also enabled all interested stakeholders to search and compare election results on the website www.izbori.co.me.
Taking into consideration that exact addresses are not provided for all polling stations and that the team of CDT found every single polling station on Google map, we invited citizens and interested public to let us know, if they notice any mistake on the website. In that case, we will eliminate that inaccuracy.