ACTION SEE â€“ Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in SEE announces:
Request for Applications
Grants for Civil Society Organizations
ACTION SEE announce this Request for Applications to provide support to civil society organizations to promote good governance and rule of law through a grant scheme awarding approximately 25-30 small grants to CSOs from Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania and Kosovo, through the following two types of grants, in theÂ range between EUR 6.000 to EUR 8.000 per grant:
Support to local CSOs to perform initiatives within one country.
- Support to CSOs to perform initiatives between two or more countries from the region.
It will provide support forÂ targeted advocacy campaigns and policy initiativesÂ that will contribute to achieving the following overall ACTION SEE objectives:
- Enhancing the involvement of civil society and media organizations in the creation of public opinion, policymaking and participation in the decision-making mechanisms;
- Increasing capacities of civil society to build its constituencies and tackle bold issues.
The initiatives supported by the Small Grants Scheme are expected to focus on tackling rule of law and good governance issues, in particular anti-corruption, transparency, and access to information, data protection and use of public funds, within the following targeted areas:
- Free Access to Public Information Act (Freedom of Information â€“ FOI)
- Financing of political parties
- Corrupt Public Procurement Practices
- Bribery Practices
- Privacy and Security
- Election-related concerns
- Breach of Duty
ACTION SEE â€“ Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in SEE project, is implemented by Metamorphosis Foundation in partnership withÂ Westminster FoundationÂ for DemocracyÂ from Great Britain,Â CRTAÂ â€“Â Center for Research, Transparency and AccountabilityÂ from Serbia,Â Citizens Association Why not?Â from Bosnia and Herzegovina,Â Center for Democratic TransitionÂ from Montenegro,Â Open Data Kosovo â€“ ODKÂ andÂ Levizja Mjaft!Â from Albania, with financial support of the European Union.